The job of creating an assertive digital marketing strategy is really challenging.
For many companies, the existence of an immense diversity of media and formats is seen as a double-edged sword: at the same time that it offers many possibilities, it makes the work of deciding which paths to take a complicated problem.
Marketing is a science, and on the internet, this fact is particularly true. So much so that the choice of channels formats, tone of communication, and even the time when a post is made is crucial to achieve good results.
There are many variables involved in marketing planning, such as choosing the organic or the paid strategy.
In this article, we will introduce the main characteristics of each type, and how to create good online media campaigns.
But first, let’s understand the difference between organic and paid reach on the internet.
Organic versus paid reach
Obtaining good results in organic reach is the dream of professionals working with online media.
The organic result is not only cheaper – after all, nothing is paid for that ad to be seen, apart from its production – but it is also more suitable in the long run.
In the organic, the results are achieved after a lot of time and work invested.
However, it is worth mentioning that social networks have considerably reduced the organic reach of company profiles, as is the case of Facebook, which started to reduce it from 2014.
According to Facebook’s vice president of Advertising Technology, Brian Boland, one of the main reasons for adopting the new strategy is the gigantic amount of content on the network, which results in competitiveness in the News Feed.
Boland also argued that the proposal of the social network is to bring relevant content to the user.
From that, the parameter for displaying content has changed completely. Today, the organic reach of business pages has dropped from 16% to 6.5%.
The paid reach, on the other hand, is obtained through boosting posts and creating online media campaigns. The option is ideal for those who need good results in the short term.
The delivery of sponsored ads is based on the profile of the users. On social media, the pages you like, posts you engage with, and search trends are what determines whether a person will receive certain content. In search engines, on the other hand, the search terms searched are what define the ads that will impact it.
Paid ads allow you to control who will receive your ad, for how long, where it will run, and several other factors.
In contrast, it is not sufficient to create a campaign. It must have a solid strategy and be well executed. But, after all, how to achieve this?
Learn, in 4 steps, how to create online media campaigns with great performance
We can be sure that well-executed paid media campaigns can lead to exceptional results.
Also, we should consider the fact that both search engines and social networks have been improving their algorithms in a way that their results are even more assertive.
Thus, consider these 4 essential steps when creating campaigns.
1. You should know your target audience very well.
If you want to create successful online media campaigns, the first step to take is to understand well the audience you are trying to reach.
Who is your ideal audience? What time do they shop and consume online content? What social networks do they use or prefer? What topics attract their attention and what topics do not interest them? Are they male or female? What are their ages?
A buyer persona is the semi-fictional representation of your target audience, and such a profile will provide the main insights for your communication.
2. You should know well the tools of online media campaigns
Both Facebook and Google have a wide variety of tools for creating campaigns and tracking essential metrics for your business. In them, you can segment your audience by:
• And much more.
There are several social networks and search engines, but in this article, we will present the main tools offered by Facebook – which also integrates Instagram – and by Google, the largest search engine currently available.
Tools offered by Facebook
Facebook has many options to improve your campaigns. Among them, we can mention:
• Conversion Tracking: allows you to track the history of a visitor who arrived at a website after being impacted by an ad on the network;
• Audience Insights: offers information about the intended audience;
• Personalized Audiences: directs ads, according to an email base, or those who have already accessed the site;
• Similar Audiences: target ads to audiences similar to yours;
• Facebook Exchange: forwards ads to users who have visited services on your website or similar product pages.
Facebook allows you to monitor your campaigns in real-time and create customized reports. This enables:
• The control of metrics that make sense for the business;
• Time optimization;
• Guaranteed return on investment;
• Ads delivered to the right people;
• Control of spending in real-time.
Tools offered by Google
There are several resources offered by the search engine.
• Google Analytics: with that, a person has access to the number of visitors to a website (in real-time and for a personalized period), the technology used during access, engagement throughout the site and on specific pages, traffic sources, pages and keywords with higher ranking;
• Keyword Planner: is the keyword planning tool, which allows you to know the terms best ranked in the search engine, their cost per click (CPC) and difficulty;
• Google Search Console: the tool offers a kind of analysis of the health of a website, such as crawl problems, blocked URLs and malware. There is also control of website traffic, backlinks and other features.
These are just some of the essential tools for anyone working with online media campaigns. Knowing them well is essential to the success of your ads.
3. Get the format of your campaigns right as well as the design of your pieces
We know that there is an enormous number of variables to be considered in terms of the design of an advertisement and its creation.
More than just having an attractive look, it is essential to understand what format attracts your audience – be it by image or by video.
Also, what factors make this piece friendly to those who will receive it, and if it communicates the brand values.
We should see if the branding follows and presents the differentials of the product and what factors contribute to the user experience.
It is not a simple task, and that involves the vision of several professionals, from the conception of the communication strategy to the coherent development of the pieces.
4. Finally, monitor your results daily
It is worth remembering that the work does not end when a campaign is published.
Real-time monitoring and adjustments are part of the job, and this is made possible by the return of performance – in real-time – that the campaign tools provide.
Viewed in this way, it is essential to have allocated professionals and specialists in the subject.
Fastdezine has a team of more than 400 professionals specialized in their areas of expertise, in order to meet your needs, both in terms of design and in checking the performance of your online media campaigns.
Get in touch with us!